Affordable E-Commerce Websites
WordPress For E-Commerce – A Great Partnership
Are you considering building a website and launching an e-commerce business? WordPress is one of the best content management systems you can use to build your site. The software is very easy to use and is free through most web hosts. WordPress helps solve the problem that many online entrepreneurs face in deciding how to balance navigation and appearance and the best way to exploit the power of the internet. WordPress has some features that make it great for e-commerce sites above and beyond its ease of use. It outpaces its closest competitors, Drupal and Joomla and is used on almost 3/4 of all sites that use a content management system.
Some people are hesitant about using WordPress, thinking it is still primarily a blogging platform. While this was true when WordPress first launched, it can now be used for just about any type of website and is great for e-commerce. It also allows you to run a multi-purpose site which many of the e-commerce packages such as Shopify and Magneto will not.
If you already have a WordPress site and want to optimize it or e-commerce, that’s easy to do, too. There are a few minor tweaks you can implement which will take you site to the next level. One of the great things about WordPress is you can make these types of changes easily and they take effect immediately.
1. Images. Adding high-quality images that are shot from multiple angles and which are zoomable are important. Online customers find it frustrating when they can’t see the entire image of a product. Great photos will improve your customer’s shopping experience.
2. Another great addition to your e-commerce site is good videos of and about your products. Your customers will thank you for providing more comprehensive information on the products. They will use these videos to help make their buying decisions and may be more likely to purchase through your site.
3. Products descriptions must be engaging and well-written. They must also help the customer by being informative and honest. Don’t simply use the manufacturer’s product description. These are usually very dry and dull. Take their detail, but pump it up with colorful language and images.
4. Use titles that are SEO-optimized. Another benefit of WordPress is the ability to publish almost any type of text. Simply adding the right keywords to your product titles will help raise your site’s search engine ranking. Consider using a plugin (something WordPress makes impressively simple) to tailor your titles and subtitles for the search engines.
5. WordPress allows you to have an infinite number of pages. Use these to clearly define your policies, procedures and to add a FAQ page. You can make them easily accessible and visible in your navigation menu. People like to know return policies, payment methods accepted, etc. and will use a company who is transparent about how their business operates.
The great thing about WordPress for an e-commerce site is everything you need is in one package. You have control of your site, there’s an intuitive interface, and you can modify your site as often as you need.
We’d love To Hear From You!
Let Us Know About Your Specific Needs